Mixed Media Workshop at Assemble

My friend Karen and I tried our hands at being mixed media artists on Sunday.  We took a workshop at a new crafting shop on Phinney Ridge called Assemble

The workshop lasted three hours and taught a small group of us how to paint, cut, glue, and glaze things together -- mostly papers and paint on canvas.  It was quite fun to feel like I was in art class again -- cutting and pasting and creating something.

Here's what I made:

Assemble offers lots of workshops -- from sewing to printmaking.  And the storefront shop/gallery offers cards, books, gifts, art, and handmade curiosities for sale.  It's a nice addition to our neighborhood.

Assemble Gallery & Studio
7406 Greenwood Avenue N.
Seattle, WA  98103

Comments

  1. Very cool! I admit that I thought it would be a little crafty, but the piece you made looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it...can you work on something big for the wall is sadie's room? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note.

Popular posts