There is an Up Side

Living in a house that is on the market is not so easy.  At least not for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm relieved that we put the house up for sale, finally.  This has put an end to our constant home improvement projects (for which I am very grateful).  However, every time we leave the house, we have to make sure the whole place looks perfect, there are no dirty dishes, no splatters on the mirrors, no dirt on the rug, and the nice towels are out . . . .  The real estate listing says "leave a message and show," so I never know who will come through when.

And then when we're home, we don't want to make too much of a mess anywhere.  You never know when we'll get a call.  The other night we had just finished dinner and someone wanted to show the house.  Needless to say, we scrambled to fill the dishwasher and tidy up before we dashed away, accomodating the potential buyer the best we could.

I think that home is where your stuff is -- not just where your stuff hides.   I suppose that's why this place isn't really feeling much like home any more.

Inconveniences aside, I must admit there is an up side to the selling process.  I've had beautiful, fresh flowers on the table every day.  And you know how I love flowers . . . .

Comments

Popular posts