I love summer.

It felt like it was 1000 degrees today.  And by that, I mean it got up to at least 96.  But I'm not complaining. 

My tomato plants absolutely love it.  So does the fig.  My zucchini plants are growing fast due to the heat, and I think it's totally killed what grass we had left, so that gives us less to mow or water.  A win-win all around.

On such a warm evening, we had no choice but to seek out the breeze on the deck once the sun went down.  Inspired by the box of beefsteak tomatoes that friends recently brought us from Walla Walla, I made a simple panzanella for supper.  Tomatoes, Walla Walla sweet onion, garlic, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, stale ciabatta, salt and pepper, and Parmigiano Reggiano.  Just right.


We sat on the deck as it got dark eating our supper, looking at venus, saturn and mars through binoculars, and feeling very lucky.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a note.

Popular posts