42 is the answer


I had a birthday back in July.  Some years my birthday seems harder to get through than others.  This one wasn't one of those.  I'm 42.  And as we all know, 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. (See Douglas Adams,  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.)  It's also just been a good year for me.  This year I'm happy to be who I am.  I'm comfortable in my skin.  I love the roles I play in the lives of my family, friends, and community.  And I really like not working outside our home -- a surprise, I must admit.  Happiness seems to make all the difference.

I had a lovely birthday with flowers, friends with babies, a few thoughtful gifts, and pizza at a local spot for dinner with my sister and her beau. Low key and just right.

We managed to keep the celebration going with dinner and homemade cookies a few days later as well, courtesy of Darcy, Ryan, and Arlo.  I'm trying to get the recipe.  If I do, I'll share.

Comments

Popular posts