It only took me 18 years


Last weekend I finally started a family photo wall.  This is something I've wanted to do since I was married, nearly 19 years ago. In my mind it's a wall for hanging pictures of parents and grandparents and great grandparents.  For pictures of significant events and travels and babies, and well, you get the idea.  I've seen walls full of photos like this in other people's homes and always loved the idea of creating a wall of my own.

I haven't really come up with any rules about what goes up and what doesn't.  Just enough pictures to tell the life story of a family, I suppose.  And not so many pictures that they don't fit.  Byron noted that we could put pictures all the way up to the ceiling.  So it could get a little over the top.  We'll see if self-restraint kicks in before that happens.

Although it's taken me a while to get this wall going, I've been collecting photos for it for a long time.  I have a few blank spots that are place holders for pictures I need to print.  And I can tell already that I'm going to need more frames.  But, hey, the important thing is I actually started pounding nails and hanging frames.  I'm on my way.

Of course, a big part of making this project happen was finding the right wall.  The wall can't be right in the middle of everything because, although they look nice and are special to me, these aren't pictures I wanted to decorate my house with -- a stairway wall seemed perfect to me.  And now that I think about it, this is the first house we've owned that has a staircase.

So here it is.  The beginning of our family photo wall.



Comments

Popular posts