Apparently I've been away from my blog so long now that it took extra steps of verification for Google to let me back in to blog. Goodness! I won't bore you with a recap of the last many months I've been AWOL.
Just life, like always. Mostly good stuff. Some less than great stuff. Lots of laundry. Too much of some things. Okay, a few highlights from 2015: We finished landscaping the front yard (after five years), we had a Seattle summer that actually produced tomatoes in August, my part time law practice reached its annual goals, I helped a nonprofit board on which I serve to purchase property for new school, my child lost six teeth before the age of five, and then there were the two kittens we acquired in mid-November. Enough.
What will 2016 be about for me? Of course I don't know the future, but I'm old enough to realize that much of the future is in fact up to me. So here's my somewhat random list of a dozen things I want the year to include -- some hopes, some goals, some to-dos, no promises.
- Hiking a portion of the Wonderland Trail
- Learning about index funds: how to pick them and use them effectively in my portfolio
- Replacing 18 windows and putting in a master bathroom (the room was gutted five years ago . . . it's time)
- Talking about interesting stuff with friends more
- Making the most of our last year of preschool, which means maximizing the "mom and Wy" mornings + Fridays that I have every week
- Improving my listening skills
- Reading and writing more
- Enjoying another hot summer in Seattle
- Harvesting my first crop of plums from my new trees
- Visiting an island in the San Juans that I've not been to before
- Practicing yoga regularly
- Cooking Indian food at home