Between the sights

When our family visited Washington D.C. in Janauary, it was impossible not to notice everywhere the amazing patterns and textures and architecture of this amazing city -- from the chisel marks and wing-like shadows on the MLK Memorial to the curtains in the White House there was a lot of beauty to take in.

I haven't yet posted anything here about our 10-day trip, which was delightful in so many ways -- intellectually, visually, and even emotionally since we got to spend several days with dear friends and meet one-month-old Adeline.  Most of my photos show the things we did and learned -- all the usual attractions.  But I was stopped in my tracks and inspired to pull out my camera between visiting the attractions, too.  So, before I neglect it any longer, here's a bit of what I saw when I least expected it.

Sculpture Park on The Mall.
The Blue Room at The White House.
Looking up at the National Museum of the American Indian.
Drone and shadows at the National Air & Space Museum.
Columns and flags.
Skylights in the National Gallery.
Chandelier in the State Dining Room at the White House.
van Gogh

Comments

Popular posts